Departments ... Planning and Zoning
Zoning regulations are for the purpose of:
1) Promoting the public health safety, morals, and general welfare;
2) Promoting the orderly growth and development of the Town of Wadesboro and the surrounding area;
3) Lessening congestion in the streets and roads;
4) Providing adequate light and air;
5) Securing safety from fires, panic, and other dangers;
6) Preventing the overcrowding of land;
7) Avoiding undue congestion of population;
8) Facilitating the adequate provision of transportation, water sewerage, schools, parks, and other public requirements.
Board of Planning & Adjustments
The powers and duties of this board include:
1) Hear and decide appeals from decisions of Zoning Administrator;
2) Hear and decide special exemptions/variances to regulations;
3) Determine objectives to be sought in development; recommend plans for achieving this objectives;
4) Develop & recommend policies, ordinances and procedures to the Town Council.
This board is made up of ten (10) members: five (5) residing in Town limits are appointed by the Town Council while the remaining five (5) are residents residing within the extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ) appointed by the Anson County Board of Commissioners.
Responsibilities include interpreting zoning ordinances for citizens, performing site plan review, issuing zoning permits, enforcing ordinances, and administrative support for the Board of Planning & Adjustments.
NOTE: Mr. James also serves as Director of Public Works.
Fees for Common Zoning Violations
(These fees only apply to 1st time offenses; see Code Ordinance Book for 2nd offenses, etc.)